Marc D. Thompson is a prominent genealogist and author with a background in historical research. Delving into genealogy, research, writing and photography at a very early age, Marc has passionately worked with youth, teens, adults and seniors, researching their family histories goals. He is a member of the Association of Professional Genealogists and has founded two Genealogy Societies. He was the County Coordinator of the Chatham Co, GA USGenweb site and writes a monthly genealogy blog. Marc believes the fusion of creativity analysis and practicality is essential in moving each individual toward their research goals. Along with 20 years of experience, his greatest strength is his ability to draw from numerous research methods, practices and principals, both traditional and electronic, to effectively search for information and documentation. He has presented genealogical lectures and authored 10 family history volumes of the Thompson Family History.
Adoption, Ahnentafels, Australian, Biographies, lifestyles, Cause of death, Canadien, Central America, Coat of Arms, Descendancy, DNA research, Dual citizenship, East European, Estate settlement, Ethnicity, European, Family history, Family reunion/tradition, Family tree, (In)Famous relatives, GEDCOM compilation, Heraldry/Clans, Home town origins, Latin American, Legal research, Lost relatives, Medical history, Mexican, Narrative research, Native American, North American, Occupations, Oral history, Photographic history, Relatives/cousins, Research ancestry, Research paternal lineage, Reunite families, Reveal family secrets, Russian, South America, Surname meaning, Tombstones/plaques, Translation, UK, USA, West European, Website, Family, Wills, etc.
EXPERIENCE & ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- Professional Genealogist, 1990-present
- Genealogy lecture presenter
- Senior Social Activities Administrator, inc. genealogy services
- Author, 14 family history volumes
- Founder, WSY Genealogical Society
- Website developer, numerous genealogy websites
- County coordinator, GA Chatham at USGenweb, retired
- Member, Association of Professional genealogists, www.apgen.org
CLIENTS WILL RECEIVE
- Thorough Professional Research
- Family Tree booklet, FTM format, indexed and cited
- All hardcopies of records located
- FTM chart summary
- Research summary including Resources, Findings, Remarks, etc.
- Correspondence and contact log
- Online family tree with editing options
- Published book, if requested
- Family Tree Poster, if requested